Kayak Sjoa Guest Comments
Markus Engler (Switzerland)
It was simply an outstanding experience to paddle with the two of you for a week thanks to your way of guiding us. I can but hope, that it was not the last time.
Ivo Hammer (Estonia)
I really enjoyed kayaking with you last year.
And I am planning to come to Sjoa together with my wife this year.
Can you guide us too – 5 days?
Anders Olstad (Norway)
Thanks again for a great day on Thursday.
Spent a couple of hours today in a small river at Bygdin training in/out eddies (with a draw/holding stroke) and the paddling techniques/excercises you showed me - and it really worked. So now I am all fired up and cannot wait for next season (and meanwhile learning the eskimo roll during the winter)...!
Daniel Trier (Denmark)
Thanks you so much for three truly wonderful days. Not only was it fun - I can also feel how your guidance improved my paddling. So once again: Thanks!
* We will determine section of river, based on your past & recent paddling experiences & current water levels. If we have not paddled together before, we may start with Grade 1 or 2 warm-up.
* The final decision on river route/section is decided the day before and may even be finalised the day of kayaking and communicated via phone/sms.
* We meet to go kayaking at the pre-planned take-out and/or put-in to drive the shuttle. We like it a lot when you are ready & geared up. This will give us more river time together.
* NB. Missed rolls and swims will always happen, however as a general booking condition, an eskimo roll is required as a minimum to join a guided tour or an instructional trip.
* PLANET RIVER DA reserves the right to cancel a booked kayaking session, before or during, due to rising or flooding rivers, poor river etiquette & little/no respect for the environment.
* Healthy body & mind.
* Provide your own WW kayaking equipment. Kayak, PFD, paddle, spraydeck, helmet & airbags.
* Throw-bag & Rescue gear
* Kayaking equipment rental options are limited in Sjoa, Let us know early if needing equipment.
* A vehicle to help with shuttles. If not, no problem. Let us know if arriving in the Sjoa Valley by bus or train.
* Provide your own meals & refreshments, except for Sjoa Descent.
* Travel & Adventure Sport insurance that covers white water kayaking.
* Sign a waiver/indemnity form, before going on the river together.
* The Sjoa River has relatively easy roadside access for most sections and routes for evacuation.
* PLANET RIVER carries telephone, rescue equipment, 1st Aid kit, spare paddle & extra thermals on tours and trips.
* We provide a waterproof box for personal/medical items.
* In the event of high/flood waters on the Sjoa and its tributaries, we can move our guided tours and instruction trips to nearby watersheds like the Otta, Driva & Atna.
* Thermal layers with drysuit is ideal or a combination of long-john wetsuit, 2 x wool/thermal layers under a dry top, wool socks, river booties or river shoes.
* Skull caps and gloves/pogies are recommended for the early spring and late autumn months.
* Dress appropriately for river conditions, water temperature and portage terrain.
* Guided trips, instruction tours and descents are available from 1 May to 1 October.
* Rates advertised are based on 5 hour sessions, starting at 9am. Longer sessions are available on request.
* Rates are charged, per person in Norwegian kroner. Invoice will be delivered after our session together.
* Return guests, more than 3 day itineraries and groups of 3 or more may qualify for price discount.
* Digital memories are available on request at an additional rate. We can provide a photographer who will join us on the river.